This highly interactive and hands-on course has three discrete parts:
- Clause-by-clause interpretation of the Standard: This portion covers all requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard. Instructor will provide a demystified interpretation to each clause of the Standard, supported by real-world implementation examples.
- Auditing techniques, processes & auditor attributes: Following the clause-by-clause interpretation of the Standards, the course will provide an overview of the end-to-end process for auditing a quality management system. Specifically, techniques for audit planning, performing the audit and audit close-out activities will be presented. Further, essential and desired personality traits of a “good” auditor will be discussed along with strategies to manage common audit scenarios including conflict resolution and time management. This portion will be based on principles established in ISO 19011, Guidelines for auditing management systems.
- Third-party certification body auditing requirements: Third-party lead auditors need to have an understanding of specific additional requirements that are not necessarily applicable for 1st and 2nd party auditors. Selecting an audit team, working with certification bodies/registrars, looking for minimal compliance and requirements of oversight bodies like ANAB are some examples. These and other similar topics will be the focus of this final segment of the training program. This segment of the training program will be based on applicable requirements of ISO 17021-3, Competence requirements for auditing…of quality management systems.
This training program is strategically designed to meet the needs of a variety of stakeholders. Think of this program as a train journey. Several passengers get on the train at the origin; yet they may have different destinations which determine where they get off the train. This program gives students with three specific intendent outcome options. You could just attend the 1st two days of this 4-day program if your goal is only to gain a strong clause-by-clause interpretation of the standard; and being an auditor isn’t what you are looking for. If you are a first-party/internal QMS auditor or a second-party/supplier QMS auditor, stick along for the 3rd day as well, and you will be exposed to the ISO 19011 guidelines for performing management system audits. Now, if you see yourself doing third-party audits for a certification body/registrar, or someone with responsibility for end-to-end QMS for your organization, continuing the 4-day program till the end is what you would choose. Depending on what your personal roles/goals are, you would choose where to get off the “train”!
QMS leaders & “wannabe” third-party auditors: This universally recognized status demonstrates a superior competence level for end-to-end advisory, management and auditing services globally. This is ideal for managers and senior management level positions with leadership roles in developing, implementing, maintaining and auditing and continually improving organization-wide quality management systems based on ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
Internal & supplier QMS auditors: While the four-day option provides the highest level of competence provided within this program, students who are interested in performing and/or leading internal audits (1st party audits) and supplier audits (2nd party audits) will benefit from merely attending the 1st three days of this 4-day training program.
QMS managers, implementation team members, management representatives, or anyone with an interest to develop competency in ISO 9001:2015 standards: The first two days of this program will provide a clause-by-clause interpretation of the Standard. This knowledge can be powerful when you need to apply a certain clause in your role, or explain a real-time scenario to your peers using the Standards as a lens or even better defend your QMS to an auditor, customer or a regulatory body.
interactive and hands-on individual/group exercises to enhance the overall learning experience and effectiveness. The program seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Understand quality management principles, including the Plan-Do-Check-Act improvement model and how these principles can be applied in the ISO 9001:2015 context.
- Establish the relationship between ISO 9001:2015 QMS requirements and an organization’s business inputs, internal/external processes and business output (product and/or service).
- Gain proficiency in interpreting requirements of the Standards to an organization’s people, process and technology resources.
- Understand the concept of the organizational context including its components (interested parties needs/expectations, strategic direction and factors impacting the business);
- Apply knowledge gained from organizational context to the planning and deployment of the organization’s QMS
- Understand the application of risk management principles in developing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving the QMS.
Understand principles, procedures and techniques of auditing laid out in ISO 19011, Guidelines for auditing management systems.
- Be able to plan, perform and close-out 1st party, 2nd party and 3rd party quality management systems audits against ISO 9001:2015 QMS audit criteria
- As an audit lead, select and manage an audit team in order to effectively and efficiently complete a QMS audit.
- Gain an appreciation for ANAB and other oversight body requirements relevant to the performance of third-party audit programs, including audit person-day calculations and the appeals process.
- Gain an exposure to desired personnel attributes and communication skills of an effective QMS auditor and an audit team leader, including conflict management, dealing with difficult client & audit team scenarios and time management
Write an effective audit report, including documenting non-conformity statements and audit summaries.
Certificates of Attainment:
- Students that successfully complete the four-day Lead Auditor Training (LAT) program will obtain a Certificate of Attainment for ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor.
- Students successfully completing the first three days of this training program will obtain a Certificate of Attainment as an “ISO 9001:2015 QMS Internal Auditor”.
- Students successfully completing the first two days of this training program will obtain a certificate for “Successfully Completed ISO 9001:2015 Clause-by-Clause Interpretation Training”
Events Search and Views Navigation
- There were no results found.